The principles of Equity and Inclusivity and the Spirit of service are built into the foundations of the institution. The College has expanded the scope of its extension and ISR activities in a major way. It aims to nurture in its stakeholders a sense of duty towards the less fortunate and the marginalized sections of the society by addressing issues like education, health, women empowerment, environment, etc. The aim is to enable the students to empathize with and act upon the ground level socio-economic issues, thereby, realizing the Sustainable Development Goals as identified by the United Nations.
Students participate in outreach work through College-run extension activities and schemes, embodying the spirit of service and giving back to the community they are a part of. Even during the pandemic, different College societies worked incessantly to ensure the mental, social, physical and economic wellbeing of the community at large. The College and its staff and students have received various awards and recognitions in fields varying from swachhta, green campus, theatre, employment generation, social service, AIDS awareness, research, youth exchange programmes to disability which speak of the dedication of ARSD towards this cause.
- 16 students received Swachh Bharat Summer Internship Completion Certificate by Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs and Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation and Ministry of Resource Development.
- Connecting Dreams Foundation, ARSD Chapter got Best Kilkari Pathshala Award in 2018-19.
- In Delhi College Awards 2018-19, the College won third prize in Social Service Category by The Education Tree.
- On World AIDS Day, Best Red Ribbon Club award was conferred on our College by National AIDS Control Organization.
- ARSD Enactus got Poster Presentation Selection in Enactus World Cup 2019 and has been a recipient of KPMG Business Ethics Grant 2020 by KPMG for its extension activities.
- On the occasion of 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi ARSD was recognised for its contribution towards Popularizing Gandhian Ideology by Gandhi Bhawan, Delhi University.
- ARSD participated in Swachhata Ranking and got the award of Swachhata Action Plan and Institution by Mahatma Gandhi National Council of Rural Education, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education, GOI.
- For its efforts towards gender empowerment, WAGE (Women’s Agency for Generating Employment), New Delhi, conferred upon the College the Girl Child Education and Empowerment Award and the principal of the College received Lifetime Achievement Award in 2017 by the same agency and his contribution to theatre was recognized by Natsamrat Organization, New Delhi by conferring upon him the Theatre Promoter Award in 2017.
- The College principal also received recognition twice from Society for Disability and Rehabilitation Studies (SDRS) for making the campus of ARSD completely barrier-free for higher education of students of disabilities.
- The College too has Green and clean Campus Award and Environment Friendly Institution award to its credit.
- Our constantly improving NIRF Ranking (from 14 to 7), which takes into consideration outreach and extension activities too, is a testimony of the College’s dedication towards its social responsibility via extension activities.