To establish a Central Instrumentation Facility in the College to achieve excellence in research in the field of basic and applied sciences. ARSD College proposes an interdisciplinary central instrumentation facility for the students, researchers and faculty members of the College. The aim is to provide modern analytical equipment to stakeholders so that they can keep pace with research taking place globally and publish their research findings in reputed journals.
The CIF aims to provide a conducive research environment and optimized utilization of advanced infrastructure so as to enhance the quality of analysis and subsequent research outcomes.
The College is doing exceedingly well in the field of research. We have 288 research publications in the SCOPUS indexed journals during the last five years. This has contributed to the high ranking of the College at the national level. The Science Departments of the College, through its faculty, have received 13 Sponsored Scientific Research Projects, 4 STAR Innovation Projects, 5 Innovation Projects and 52 In-House Projects under DBT STAR College Scheme. Progressive teaching and research require futuristic and sophisticated equipment and other support facilities. However, the present facilities and resources are limited and are insufficient to accommodate the research requirements of the faculty. Therefore, the aim is to build, enhance and provide basic instrumentation facilities to cater the needs of the stakeholders. The Central Instrumentation Facility (CIF) at ARSD College will acquire and maintain sophisticated analytical equipment to create opportunities for UG students to carry out curriculum-based / extended practicals and innovative research. We are also planning to start innovation projects to support and strengthen the research activities of other college faculty members.
- To motivate the students of the College to pursue research by providing highly sophisticated measurement and analysis facilities.
- To assist research scholars/ UG students during their Ph.D. thesis/dissertation as part of their curriculum requirement.
- To facilitate interdisciplinary collaborative research involving students and faculty.
- To promote advanced technological development.
- To promote academic and industry collaboration.
- CIF may provide these facilities at reasonable charges to the faculty members, scientists, Research Scholars and students from other institutions.
- Apart from the procurement of new equipment, the CIF may acquire the measurement equipment of the College which were earlier procured under Innovation or DBT Star College Schemes.
Proposed Equipment’s for CIF
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometer (FT-IR)
- Ultraviolet-Visible Spectrophotometer (UV-VIS)
- Atomic Absorption Spectrometer (AAS)
- Ferroelectric P-E loop measurement setup
- Deep freezer
- High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC)
- X-Ray Diffractometer (XRD) 28 Lakhs
- Work station
- Various Software’s